Sounds impossible, but seriously if you think about it there are loads of ways to earn some extra cash during hard times.
By just doing a few of these you can either save money for something you really, really want or simply a way to treat yourself to a box of chocolates at the weekend.
Now I’m not here to tell you what to do or how to do it, just guide you to someone who can.
A fantastic book has been published which is just perfect for times like these. 101 Ways to Make Extra Cash in a Recession is available from Amazon for just £3.99.
Whilst some of the suggestions are a bit outlandish, it does give you the ability to think outside the box and see what can be done to earn extra money – stuff you might never have thought of!
Here are my favourite Top 20 suggestions from this little 101 Guide:
- 1. Start babysitting
- 2. Get stuck into carbooting
- 3. Convert your house to a B&B
- 4. Make your own beer
- 5. Comping and quizzing
- 6. Musical? Have a go at busking or street performing
- 7. Dog walking – earn money whilst getting fit
- 8. Sell stuff on eBay
- 9. Pick your own fruit & veg
- 10. Become an Extra on TV and films
- 11. Become a house sitter
- 12. Get a 2nd job as concert, events or stadium staff as these are often at nights and weekends
- 13. Make chutney and jam to sell
- 14. Make the most of credit card cashback
- 15. Cut people’s grass
- 16. Nude modeling – if you dare!
- 17. Rent your spare room to a lodger
- 18. Professional mourner – apparently this as a bona fide career!
- 19. Rent your house out and downsize
- 20. Take in ironing or clean other peoples houses
It even made me come up with a few of my own:
- Find treasure by taking up metal detecting as a hobby – see the National Council for Metal Detecting website for more details
- If you love animals become a petsitter
- Sell your unwanted books at Green Metropolis – you get £3 per book!
- Become an Avon representative
- If you buy online, then sign up to Quidco – an online cooperative that gives you cashback on whatever you spend
The possibilities of earning extra cash are limited only by the size of your imagination.
If you have any other tips or ideas let us know!
In the meantime buy 101 Ways to Make Extra Cash in a Recession from Amazon for just £3.99. Then you can have a competition with your mates to see how much you can earn!
(image by luismi1985 on Flickr)